Dear Church Family,
After much prayer and listening, we’ve decided to suspend in person church gatherings until April 1st, 2020. While we recognize the value and importance of gathering together as a church family, we want to be wise.
The World Health Organization has called the Corona Virus Disease a Global Pandemic. The President of the United States has declared a National Emergency. The Governor of California has issued a State of Emergency. The CDC warns that if left unchecked, Corona Virus cases double every 4 days. On Wednesday, there were 6 cases in Orange County. Yesterday (2 days later) there were 13. In Italy, they went from under 10 cases to 9,000 in just 2 weeks time. Most churches in our Presbytery have already suspended gatherings until at least April 1st. I have spoken to friends, family and colleagues in Washington State; they all recommend to stay “ahead” of it.
Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we are suspending in person gatherings of the church – including Sunday worship – until April 1st. If need be, we’ll adjust this and send notice before the first Sunday in April.
How can you stay connected with your church familly?
- I will live stream a message on the church facebook page on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. That will be available to be viewed any time thereafter.
- Expect phone calls from me, Xander, and/or Sandra, checking in with you.
- If you need anything or just want to talk, please do not hesitate to call me on my cell phone: 714) 788-1920. If you want to video-chat, I’m on WhatsApp, as well.
- If you would like groceries delivered to you, we’ve had a couple people offer to do that; call me and I will forward the request or take care of it myself.
- See this time as an opportunity to rest, reflect, read that book that’s been sitting on your shelf, enjoy family, and center on God.
Always remember, in life and in death, we belong to God.
Be at peace. We belong to God.
In Christ’s love & service,
Lance Allen, Pastor